What is Neuro Training
Neuro-training was "invented" by the Swedish psychologist Lars-Eric Uneståhl in 1969 and is widely used in the sports world. The idea was to make top athletes perform even better by working with them mentally. Today, everyone can use it and a significant effect has been demonstrated, regardless of what you use the mental training for. This is due to a combination of the state you get into during the training, but also the active ingredients: Suggestions and Conceptions.
When you neuro-train, you are in the alternative consciousness - a deeply relaxed state where your brain waves operate at alpha and theta frequency levels. This state is good for all of us as it gives the brain a chance to recover. We know the state from when we are on our way to and from our sleep, but this is often too short-lived for us to get the full benefit.
If you are not used to sinking into the alpha-theta frequency, we recommend that you begin with the free-to-download "Physical relaxation" program for 2-3 weeks, as well as "Neuro Basic Training" for 1-2 weeks afterward. This will make your concrete neuro exercises more effective because you can achieve the alternative state of consciousness faster.
Why is neuro training so effective?
Imagine that you stand in front of the mirror and tell yourself that you are a great friend and good at sports, but you get the answer back from your conscious self saying: "No, that can't be right, I've always been told that I wasn't".
This "conscious voice" does not get in the way when you neuro-train. In the Alpha-Theta stage, it's 'turned off' and there is direct access to your beliefs in your subconscious. When you listen to suggestions and conceptions in this alpha-theta frequency level, only your subconscious hear what's being said and can store it. You can thus work with the 'unfortunate' self-images you may have, in a much quicker way than if you were to stand wide awake in front of your mirror. The suggestions you add through the neuro training are designed so that they go and 'cancel' the unfortunate self-images and replace them with more beneficial ones. This means that these positive imaginings can essentially train your brain to achieve your preferred goal.
Neuro training really requires very little and will definitely change your life for the better. No need to sit in a special position or be 100% awake - all you have to do is listen to at least 1 training program once a day for 3-4 months. You will most likely already start to feel the small changes after a few days, maybe you will fall asleep faster, become more relaxed, and be happier with more energy.
Here is a guide on how to get the most out of training according to research in the field:
- Lie down or sit somewhere where you can be at peace, put on earphones, and start the program.
- You can train at any time of the day and anywhere, the most important thing is just to do it when you most feel like it.
- If you are not used to meditating or 'switching off' mentally, you should start with the free download "Physical Relaxation" until you feel that your body is naturally relaxed.
- After this, you can start with the "Neuro Relaxation file", until you experience disappearing into a place that feels like a void or where your thoughts are not disturbed. It can take 1-4 weeks to get there, again depending on how trained you are. It might not always work - but that's ok, and it's also ok that you fall asleep during the exercise - it will still have an effect, as your subconscious will receive the suggestions nonetheless.
- If you can now disconnect both your mind and your body, you are ready to continue with the training and your specific training program. See available downloads in SHOP.
- the most important thing is that you do WHAT you want WHEN you want. Don't be demotivated by the fact that sometimes there will be days when the experience is better than others or you will experience brain clutter. It takes time and the effects will slow down - but the only important thing is that you get it done.
- The good news is that you will most likely find it nice and pleasant and you will want to do it every day. But because retention is important, here are some tips on how you can remind yourself to do your neuro training every day:
Tips to maintain your training
1. If it suits your life rhythm, find a fixed time of day when it suits you best to establish a new habit.
2. Get a close friend, colleague or family member to hold you to your commitment. Preferably every day!
3. Train with someone else so you can share retention strategies and experiences.
4. Write a short diary where you note your progress, for example, the last thing you do before You go to bed.
5. Set your alarm clock for the time you have decided to train.
6. Train first thing in the day before doing anything else.
7. Train as the last thing you do before falling asleep. (And when the program ends with that say: "You are fresh and fully awake" it's onlly a suggestion that you can easily 'cancel' by saying to yourself. "No, I'm tired and just want to carry on sleeping".)
8. If you miss out on your training, remember it is not a failure, but completely natural. Think back to what you did when it worked best for you, decide what needs to get it working for you again and get 'back on the horse'.